Wireless Printing at the Library
The Jefferson County library is now offering a wireless printing service. You can print to the library printer from your personal laptop, phone or tablet. There are two options for printing – emailing a document to the printer or uploading the document to a website. These options are described below, or you can open this pdf file for more detailed instructions.
Option 1: Upload through a website
Visit the wireless printing website. http://www.printeron.net/jclibrary/webprint
When to use: If you want to print a webpage or have a document on your computer that you can upload to print. This method allows you to select the number of copies and the pages of a document you want to print. Use the print preview function of your program to determine what pages to print, then enter those pages once you upload your document.
- Determine what pages of a website or document you want to print by using your print preview function.
- Open the webpage at http://www.printeron.net/jclibrary/webprint.
- Enter your email address and then either browse to find a file on your computer or type in a web URL. Click on the > arrow to print.
- You can select options such as page orientation, number of copies, or the page numbers you determined in step 1.
- Once you have the options filled out press the > arrow to continue. It may take a minute for your request to be processed. You will receive a summary of how many pages will print. Click the green printer image to continue.
- You will now see a page with a print release code, a six digit number. You will also receive an email with this code. Bring the release code to the Circulation or Information desk and a staff member will enter your release code to print your document and take your payment
Option 2: Email
You can send your document to our printer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to use: If you want to print an email, an email with an attachment, or a document you can easily attach to an email, you can send it directly to the printspots email address. For webpages see Option 1 or 3.
- You can send an email to email@example.com with documents attached. You will receive a reply with a release code, a six digit number, and the number of pages that will print. There is a $0.10 charge per page.
- Bring the release code to the Circulation or Information desk and a staff member will enter your release code and take your payment. You can choose to have the body of the email printed or just the attachments.
- Pick up your documents from the public internet printer.