Position: Librarian I – Information Services/Cataloging
Compensation: $4,149.60/mo + fully employer-paid benefits (medical/dental/vision)
Opening date: June 6, 2022
Closing date: July 2, 2022
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for a full-time Information Services/Cataloging Librarian. This position performs professional librarian work including public/reference services, collection management, programming, and cataloging. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Systems and Technical Services Manager. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see the position classification.
The Information Services/Cataloging Librarian is a valuable resource in Jefferson County. We are seeking candidates who share our vision of a thriving community empowered by knowledge, are staunch defenders of 1st Amendment principles of Intellectual Freedom, and are committed to the work of advancing diverse, equitable, and inclusive services and collections. Our Information Services/Cataloging superhero will be innovative, collaborative, and tech-savvy, and will recognize the value of close relationships and partnering with other service agencies in rural communities.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reference Services and Reader’s Advisory (in person, phone, email, and virtual)
- Programming (planning, facilitating, scheduling, setup/clean up, etc.)
- Collection development, including selection, maintenance, and promotion of adult non-fiction, media, and other collections as assigned
- Technology assistance and troubleshooting
- Collecting, analyzing, and acting on staff and community feedback
- Collaborative planning with other library staff and community partners
- Supervision of staff with cataloging tasks and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualified candidates will have:
- a Master’s in Library Science and a minimum of 1-2 years of related, progressively responsible library experience including materials selection, cataloging, and programming
- Washington State Librarian Certification.
- A valid driver’s license.
The District may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of the above requirements.
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé.
Brwyn Griffin, Administrative Services Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.