Employment Announcement: Library Assistant III – Early Childhood Substitute
Position: Library Assistant III – Early Childhood Substitute
Opening date: April 24, 2023
Closing date: Until filled
- LAIII – Early Childhood Substitute – Varies, on call; maximum 69 hours/month
- Plan, organize, and/or conduct storytime programs for infants through pre-school age children and their caregivers with support from Youth Services Librarian and/or Public Services Manager.
- Promote library materials and programs to children and their caregivers who attend storytimes.
- Act as an advocate so that administrators, other library staff, and members of the community understand the basis for the library’s early childhood services.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years of library or job-related experience including one year of direct-contact customer service; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
The District may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of the above requirements.
Complete the application form and submit a cover letter and resumé at:
Monica le Roux, Administrative Services Manager – email@example.com, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.