Have a meaningful impact in your community by joining our team!
The Jefferson County Library has openings for:
- one LAI – Circulation (15 hours/week) position
- multiple LAI – Substitute positions
- LAI – Circulation (15 hours) – currently Saturday and Monday (may change based on the needs of the library district)
- LAI – Substitute – Varies, on call (seven days a week); up to 69 hours/month
For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see the full Job Classification.
- Help patrons access materials, including checking items in and out
- Assist patrons in use of Internet resources and library catalog
- Perform clerical tasks as assigned
- Opportunity to be trained as a Bookmobile driver
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Washington State Driver’s license (CDL not required)
- Minimum of one year of direct customer-contact experience
- Good computer skills and familiarity with current digital technologies and devices
- Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and friendly manner
- Physical ability to perform library tasks and carry out directives independently
- Review of applications will begin July 28, 2021. Position is open until filled
- Submit cover letter, resumé, and application
- Questions? Contact Brwyn Griffin, Administrative Services Manager
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.