Position: Librarian I – Youth Services
Compensation: $3842.73/mo + fully paid benefits (medical/dental/vision)
Opening date: June 3, 2019
Closing date: June 21, 2019
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for a full-time Youth Services Librarian. This position coordinates children’s and teen services in the Library, providing informational, educational, and recreational resources and services to the youth of Jefferson County, as well as to their parents and educators. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Public Services Manager. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see the full job classification.
The Youth Services Librarian is a valuable community resource in Jefferson County. We are seeking candidates who make it their mission to inspire lifelong learning in the most impressionable of our patrons, and who are constantly searching for new opportunities to make public library services relevant to all members of the community. Our Youth Services superhero will be innovative, collaborative, and tech-savvy, and will recognize the value of close relationships and partnering with other service agencies in rural communities.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Programming (planning, performance, scheduling, setup/clean up, publicity, etc.)
- Collection development (selection, weeding, etc.)
- Facilitate the Teen Advisory Board
- Displays, bulletin boards, etc.
- Public relations (outreach, tours, school visits)
- Reader’s Advisory and Reference Services for children and families
- Technology supervision and assistance in children’s and teen areas
- Act as liaison between Library and schools/preschools/day cares
- Collecting, analyzing, and acting on community feedback
- Collaborative planning with other library departments
- Supervise volunteers and teen intern(s)
Qualified candidates will have:
- Master’s in Library Science with an emphasis on youth services and a minimum of 1-2 years of related, progressively responsible library experience.
- Washington State Librarian Certification.
- A valid driver license.
The Library may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of the above requirements.
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé at:
Brwyn Griffin, Administrative Services Manager – email@example.com, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.