Position: Library Page/Courier
Compensation: $12.50/hour, non-benefited
Opening date: August 1, 2019
Closing date: August 16, 2019
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for an hourly, 12 hours/week (0.3 FTE) Library Page/Courier. Duties include sorting, shelving, and locating materials throughout the library; couriering material between public libraries; and other library support tasks as assigned. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Public Services Manager. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see full job classification
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sorts and shelves books and other library materials alpha/numerically.
- Performs shelf reading and reorganizes shelves for correct location of materials and attractive
appearance of shelves.
- Performs as the courier of library materials between Port Townsend Public Library and the Jefferson
County Library; driving the Jefferson County Library van to courier materials.
- Locates and pulls holds.
- Assists with opening or closing library and emptying book drops.
- Ensures that desks, tables and other surfaces are cleared and items and materials are returned to
their proper locations after they have been used.
- Assists in maintaining the interior and exterior appearance of the library including the collection of
trash as necessary.
- Interacts with patrons in-person on occasion.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum age is 18
- Demonstrated ability to perform alpha-numeric filing.
- Must have and continue to maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record, as defined by our Fleet Insurance.
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé at:
Brwyn Griffin, Administrative Services Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.