Employment Announcement: Janitor
Position: Janitor (Friday-Saturday, 10 hours/week, .25 FTE)
Compensation: $15.74/hour; non-benefitted
Opening date: January 23, 2023
Closing date: Review of applications will begin February 10; position is open until filled.
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for a 10-hour/week Janitor. The Janitor is responsible for maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for library patrons and staff. The position is responsible for Friday and Saturday evening cleaning of the library, including maintaining and organizing cleaning supplies. Work requires the use of cleaning equipment and supplies. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Library Director or designee. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see Job Classification.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean building free of hazards to staff, patrons, and vendors.
- Organize and secure all cleaning supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas daily.
- Mop all hard-surface floors in restrooms and lobby daily.
- Clean and stock all restrooms daily, including cleaning and sanitizing sinks, toilets, countertops, floors, walls, mirrors, dispensers, doors and handles, and infant changing tables.
- Remove all trash and recyclables daily.
- Wash down and sanitize library tables, counters, and circulation work surfaces daily.
- Clean and dust shelving, computer desks, windowsills, etc. on a weekly cycle.
- Clean interior and exterior glass doors daily.
- Spot clean furniture as needed.
- Keep accurate record of hours worked and turn in to appropriate staff on schedule.
- Remove snow, lay down salt/sand on sidewalks as needed.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1+ years of janitorial experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- A valid driver license preferred
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé.
Tamara Meredith, Library Director, email@example.com, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.