Position: Librarian I – Acquisitions/Public Services
Compensation: $3842.73/mo + fully paid benefits (medical/dental/vision)
Opening date: June 3, 2019
Closing date: June 21, 2019
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for a full-time Acquisitions/Public Services Librarian. This position participates in the selection, acquisition, and maintenance of library materials; develops and delivers library programs highlighting library collections and/or meeting community needs and interests; and provides professional public services, including Reader’s Advisory, reference, and circulation. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Systems and Technical Services Manager. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see the full job classification.
The Acquisitions/Public Services Librarian is a proactive leader in the Library, providing guidance and expertise in the efficient selection and acquisition of materials that meet the informational, educational, and recreational needs of our patrons. Our Acquisitions/Public Services superhero will also be innovative, collaborative, and tech-savvy, and will recognize the value of close relationships and partnering with other service agencies in rural communities.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development and management of the Library’s materials budget
- Coordinate ordering, receiving, and invoicing library materials
- Implement and update as necessary the Library’s standards for selection, review, weeding, etc.
- Promote collection through physical and digital displays, programs, etc.
- Collection development and management for assigned collections
- Programming (planning, performance, scheduling, setup/clean up, publicity, etc.)
- Public services, including Reader’s Advisory, reference, and circulation
- Technology instruction and assistance
- Collecting, analyzing, and acting on collected statistical data
- Collaborative planning with other library departments
Qualified candidates will have:
- Master’s in Library Science with a minimum of 1-2 years of related, progressively responsible library experience including materials management (selection, cataloging, etc.) and program development.
- Washington State Librarian Certification.
- A valid driver license.
The Library may accept an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of the above requirements.
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé at:
Brwyn Griffin, Administrative Services Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-385-6544
The Jefferson County Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.