Position: Director of Development (.25 FTE)
Compensation: $29.28 – 34.96/hour
Opening date: March 2, 2020
Closing date: March 20, 2020
The Jefferson County Library in Port Hadlock, WA, has an opening for a .25 FTE Director of Development. This position plans, executes, and evaluates fundraising efforts to support the strategic plan of the Library; coordinates annual appeals, donor cultivation, legacy giving, and special donor events; and participates in grant research and writing. This position is supervised by the Library Director and works closely with the Board of Trustees. For a complete description of duties and responsibilities, see the job classification.
The Director of Development will collaborate with library staff and the Friends of the Jefferson County Library to help the library grow and sustain reliable outside funding sources through donor development and fundraising activities. We are seeking candidates who value the mission of public libraries, and who understand their function within rural communities. Our Development superhero will be collaborative, tech-savvy, and will know the principles and practices of the development profession, including research techniques and resources in the fields of philanthropy and libraries.
Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand and diversify donor base and prospect pipeline; identify and research potential supporters; develop cultivation strategies for specific donors
- Manage donor relationships
- Collaborate with the Library Director and Library Board of Trustees to formulate fundraising strategies and specific projects/goals.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts
- Manage fundraising database; process and acknowledge gifts.
- Supervise the planning and execution of special events.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Keep abreast of current trends in nonprofit fundraising.
- Protect library users’ and donors’ right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired, or transmitted
Required skills/experience include:
- Facility with fundraising software/platforms, Microsoft Office products, and modern office technology.
- Experience with online communications for solicitation, including email, online newsletters, surveys, and social media.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong planning skills.
- Ability to work well with donors, potential donors, staff, and Board.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of relevant direct professional experience in nonprofit fundraising & donor development.
- Proven track record for achieving fundraising goals.
- 3+ years public library fundraising/donor development.
- Experience with eTapestry online donor management software.
- Familiarity with the diverse communities of Jefferson County.
Complete the online application form and submit a cover letter and resumé at:
Tamara Meredith, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-385-6544